We do dance the Tambourine because it is our way of saying Thank You God for the privilege of serving you and giving your life to us. I myself can say that I dance because it is my calling and I continue that passion in serving God that I can use the talents He gave me.
Even if others would not believe in some prophetic meaning of dances through tambourine, I don’t worry about it at all because what I do know and believe is that Tambourine has been used long time ago to express victory and joy and also used for festivities. There are a lot of Bible verses that correlates to Tambourine as an instrument of praise. We should give our body as a sacrifice of praise also and that is one of the reasons why I dance.
We dance the Tambourine because we only wanted to Honor God and Give Him the Highest of Praise. It is only Him that sees our hearts and can read our minds. I don’t mind what other people would think about Tambourine Dancing, but as long as my heart is right and in tune with God, that is important.
Here are the Following Bible Verses that I can share to you with regards to Tambourine and Tambourine Dance:
• (Isaiah 30:32)- Every stroke the LORD lays on them with his punishing rod will be to the music of tambourines and harps, as he fights them in battle with the blows of his arm.
• Exodus 15:20- Then Miriam the prophetess, Aaron's sister, took a tambourine in her hand, and all the women followed her, with tambourines and dancing.
• 1Samuel 18:6 - When the men were returning home after David had killed the Philistine, the women came out from all the towns of Israel to meet King Saul with singing and dancing, with joyful songs and with tambourines and lutes.
• Job 21:12 -They sing to the music of tambourine and harp; they make merry to the sound of the flute.
• Judges 11:34- When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter.
• Psalms149:3-Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp.
• Jeremiah 31:4- I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful.
• Psalm 150:4- praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute.
• Psalm 68:25- In front are the singers, after them the musicians; with them are the maidens playing tambourines.
• Psalm 81:2-Begin the music, strike the tambourine, play the melodious harp and lyre.
• 1 Chronicles 13:8- David and all the Israelites were celebrating with all their might before God, with songs and with harps, lyres, tambourines, cymbals and trumpets.
• 2Samuel 6:5- David and the whole house of Israel were celebrating with all their might before the LORD, with songs and with harps, lyres, tambourines, sistrums and cymbals.
• 1 Samuel 10:5- After that you will go to Gibeah of God, where there is a Philistine outpost. As you approach the town, you will meet a procession of prophets coming down from the high place with lyres, tambourines, flutes and harps being played before them, and they will be prophesying.
For comments and suggestions, just click the topic title so that the comment box will appear,thanks!